UPDATE AUGUST 26, 2011 0:23 Libyan Time Moussa Ibrahim spoke through a TV Station talking about how sad he was to have to witness the killing of so many Libyans, but Tripoli will not fall for the colonial powers and their ground forces (4). For a more elaborate translation watch the youtube video (5)

I'm glad to report that Moussa Ibrahim, the well-known spokesperson for the Green Libyans, is still alive and well. For those who haven't seen it, I recommend his press conference at the moment that the Rebels were entering the city of Tripoli (1).

What NATO and Qatar have been trying to do for months has finally succeeded: they were able to silence the Jamahiriya TV. They have not been able to shut down a website that provides news about events taking place in the country: Mathaba.net (2). It was from this web site that I took the latest press conference by Moussa Ibrahim on Tuesday August 22, 2011:

The accompanying video can be watched only in Arabic at (3)



''Dr Mousa Ibrahim gave a press conference today Tuesday, with the following key points:
  • The Libyan people resist and fight for their beloved Tripoli, the capital of Libya.
  • Libyan channel broadcasting equipment was bombed and also the radio broadcasting equipment.
  • The Leader is safe and his sons are safe and all the leaders of Libya are safe (he mentioned various tribal leaders and army leaders and ministers).
  • Leader and sons of the leader are leading the armed struggle
  • We fight in both fronts in the military front and we also fight to meet the citizens' daily needs, because the armed gangs are making people's lives difficult.
  • We want to pay tribute to the brave young mujahiddeen of Tarhouna, Bani walid, Zliten, al Maghraga, Sebha and five points and... ( additional places and tribes mentioned), that came to defend their capital and helped the Libyan army to restore control of the city.
  • The situation in Tripoli is under control. 80 per cent of Tripoli is firmly controlled, meaning that the other 20 per cent is controlled, but clashes still occured in some places.
  • We thank the people of Tripoli that took control and secured their neighbourhoods in order that no armed gangs will penetrate, for example, Abu Saleem.
  • The situation in Tripoli will be back to normal in 3-4 days maximum.
  • We urge the people of Tripoli to come out of their homes and confront the armed gangs which have as their only purpose looting and which display a complete lack of organization.
  • Last night and today a big number of armed gangs was killed and this makes me sad because [many of them] are Libyans but they chose their way. They betrayed Libya and they killed the Libyan people while Sarkozy and the Emir of Qatar and Obama are living with their riches and safety outside Libya.
  • When we refer to Crusaders we don't mean Christians in general. We refer to the racist people that are after the riches of Libya and although they had been defeated, they didn't want dialogue but they wanted to destroy Libya.
  • What is happening in Libya is to steal Libyan oil for Sarkozy, Cameron and Obama
  • Free people are still fighting
  • Libyan TV has been destroyed by NATO
  • AL RAY TV (Iraqi TV in Tripoli) will continue to spread the truth because we don't have another TV for the moment
  • Al Gaddafi the leader and all his sons are fine
  • This brutal attack on Libya will end with a major victory for us and it's time to defend Libya and we thank thousands of free people and tribes that are fighting in Libya
  • Even that NATO rebels are defended by NATO we will still defeat them
  • Tripoli now is better and 80% of the city is under the Libyan forces' control
  • Today we destroyed full groups of NATO rebels
  • We will bury NATO in Tripoli and Sarkozi and Obama and Cameron will be watching us do that
  • All what some media are saying are lies
  • He started laughing about NATO lies that they captured Seif al Islam and he assured that he's fine and all the military leadership is fine.''
(1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb2qL9UOxuA
(2) http://www.mathaba.net/
(3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxpB-9Z0JAI
(4) http://www.uruknet.de/?p=m80803&hd=&size=1&l=e
(5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUidmLH_Uc (Update by Moussa Ibrahim, August 24, 2011)